Milkfish Loaf With Creamy Mustard Gravy
· 1 large milkfish (bangus), scaled and gutted
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 medium onion, minced
· 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing pan
· 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
· 2 egg, beaten slightly
· 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
· 1 cup cream of mushroom soup
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1 cup chicken stock
· 1/4 cup cream
· 1 teaspoon nutmeg
· Heat up oven to350°F.
· Boil milkfish in salted water until cooked, for 10-15 mins. If the fish is already cool, remove skin and bones; shred flesh into flakes to make a total of 2 cups.
· In a frypan, sauté garlic and onions in butter let cool.
· In a large container, mix flaked milkfish, garlic, onions, and the rest of the ingredients. Pour mixture into a greased 4x8-inch loaf pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Let cool.
· While waiting, make the gravy:· In a saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and cook until light brown. Add chicken stock slowly while whisking continuously to avoid lumps from developing. Let mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
· Add cream and mustard and mix well. Season to taste with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
· Slice cooled fish loaf and serve with gravy.
Choose from our selection of Milkfish now!